Thursday, July 23, 2009

this morning...

...i woke up about 2 hours before my alarm went off and had a few moments of wakefulness (before falling immediately into a disturbing dream) in which i reviewed some aspects of my life from a number of years back that, quite frankly, left me with a pit in my stomach. the aforementioned dream emerged from that feeling of blech and left me feeling all out of sorts when my alarm finally did go off some time later.

and as i laid in bed, listening to my alarm for a good ten minutes, all i kept thinking, over and over, was how much i regret you...you who will never read this....you who have since become the representation of all things i regret—or will regret in the future....you, the one-trick pony....you who are called by different names, depending on the day and the conversation in which you are brought up....you who seemed so positive in so many ways yet took and took and took from me and never really gave anything back....you who, if you were reading this, would know exactly who you are. OH, how. i. regret. you.

No comments: