Friday, June 26, 2009

so close i can almost taste it....

i have ONE more assignment left in my grad school career! the day i've been waiting for is nearly upon me and, in all honesty, it feels so unbelievable that i can hardly take it in. tonight as i responded to classmates' discussion postings (in which we were asked to provide a kind of retrospective on our experiences in this program), i found myself feeling oddly sentimental and realizing that for as much as i've complained about having too much work and felt at times frustrated for my lack of free time, i have loved being a walden student and have REALLY learned a lot over the past 22 months. and the cherry on my sundae tonight was some feedback that i got from a classmate in which he said that i have embodied the spirit of our program by encouraging him and helping him to grow and that my writing inspires him to improve. finally, he said that he can't think of anyone better to work on the courses at this university, especially after my experiences over the last 22 months. his words meant so much—particularly because he suffered through all the difficult stuff with me.

i know when this is all over, i'm going to have some pains of separation from my time as a student. despite my delight over having more time for myself, i will miss my coursework and the process of giving myself to something so wholeheartedly. it has been one heck of a ride, but i'm so glad i made the decision to embark upon this journey. my life has been enriched, probably more than i can know at this point. i've always believed that education can change the world; i know without a doubt that it's changed mine.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Congratulations! You're so close. Such kind sentiments from your classmate...that had to make your day.

sarah said...

thanks, lynn. it did!

Craig said...

Sarah -

CONGRATULATIONS - little did we know that we were in this together for the last two years. I agree completely with you, I have moaned and groaned for the last two years about having to do coursework... but now, part of me does not want it to end. I have grown so much as a person and I want to continue to do so. Thank you, Walden University for all of the great (and not so great memories... -romero-).

Again, congratulations!

-Craig