on this last day of the year, it's hard for me to resist summing up what has occurred over the last 365 days. here are a few bullet points, just for kicks.
- i was incredibly sick for an entire fiscal quarter (more, actually....more like a third of the year).
- i joined a gym, worked out like a fiend for awhile, and then couldn't go for long stretches of time due to illness.
- i celebrated with salimah as she completed her master's program and mourned with her as she lost her dad and both his parents.
- i got to escape to the mountains for a week, which completely and utterly reminded me how much i love them and wish i could be near them on a daily basis.
- i got rid of henry david and acquired my beautiful bella.
- i was able to let go of anger from a dissolved long-term relationship, forgive, and move on with my life.
- i met some new boys, some of whom i still know and rather enjoy, and got my heart good and broken by one in particular.
- i took on a second job.
- i came to the realization that, although i still have a lot of growing to do, i'm emotionally healthy and, therefore, attracted to others who are the same.
- i became a "conoisseur of good rap" (according to salimah).
- i reconnected with a couple of old friends and made some dear, dear new ones whom i hope to keep for life.
- i stopped being quite the worry wart i once was.
- i perfected my cornish game hens recipe.
- i upgraded my kitchenaid mixer, my mattress, and the artwork on my walls.
- i complete nablopomo!
- i fell in love with books on CD (and my beloved gogol), clif bars before a workout, poultry breakfast sausage (love that protein in the morning!), sudoku, BLING, hair elastics, satellite radio, skim decaf peppermint mochas, 2-point softserve snacks, brooks running shoes and crocs, and buying presents for children i'll never know.
onto the next adventure. whatcha got for me, '07?