Tuesday, November 07, 2006

thank God for saltines and ginger ale....

well, it seems that i'm nearly out of the woods from my stomach ailment (although not fully - the nausea and stomach cramping still come in waves from time to time). i did go back to work today, and i felt rather proud of myself for making it through the day without getting violently ill (yay me).

that's pretty pitiful, actually.

in other news, salimah and i did round 2 of thesis brainstorming. it's coming along rather nicely, i feel.

also - and, yes, i understand how TRULY random this is - i have the song 'breakout' by swing out sister (just the chorus) LODGED FIRMLY in my mind. may i just say - life is cruel sometimes.

3 comments:

Devika said...

It could be worse. I've had that 80's song, C'est La Vie, in my head before. "Hey JJ! Whatchubeendoin'? You say your car broke down, thing just isn't movin'..."

Alexis said...

Saltines and ginger ale are my favorite stomach ailment food too. And you're right, life can be cruel--I hate that song!

Salimah said...

you know, i had forgotten all about that song. "don't staaart to ask..." so stupid.