Sunday, August 06, 2006

baking whimsy

for the first time in a LONG time, i got out my mixing bowls, my whisk, and a collection of ingredients and created some food magic....specifically, a blueberry clafouti (some of which i had for breakfast) and some truly yummy cookies that intend to pack up and send several of as a gift. in between these activities, i did laundry, vacuumed, watched a little tv, and generally bummed around. and of course, i've been sporting my baking wear: comfy clothes, flip flops, an apron, and a bandana to keep the hair out of the way (and because i love to look street, of course)....

i feel more centered now. more ready to start the week. and a few of my coworkers - who have been bugging me about the lack of baked goods - will be rather happy tomorrow when i show up with sweet treats:).

john legend is working it out in the background. this is all very smooth business. makes me want to drink a cocktail and lounge about. sounds like a good idea, actually....

later on, peops....

No comments: