Tuesday, June 13, 2006

apparently, i have lost my freaking mind....

so, today, after work (where, i might add, i had spent 6 of the 8 hours desk dancing - a subtle form of working out, really), i went to salimah's place to hang out with her, her sister, and our friend, the illustrious misnomi. we had this pocket of time before noms was scheduled to arrive, so i decided to plug in my ipod and play them some tunes. i scrolled over to my workout mix and put on a few different songs that are on heavy rotation right now, and i'm telling you people the truth: i could NOT stay seated. i was so filled with this nutso energy, i got up and danced around the room for a good 15 minutes non-stop. i would have continued were it not for the fact that it was freaking HOT in her office and i was beginning to glisten. (glistening in a non-air-conditioned apartment is not a good thing when company is on its way.)

so, yeah, i calmed myself down and made my inner phunky diva take a chill pill for awhile.

see, now, this is why i need to be going to the gym basically every day. i am a machine and i cannot be stopped. i'm sure i should be thrilled about this, but there's a part of me -- the more calm, subdued part -- that's a bit freaked out by my constant need for motion.

what can i say? the rhythm IS gonna get you. you might as well ride the wave until the end of the song....

1 comment:

Devika said...

it's funny, I do that whole desk dancing thing, too. I think it's great you're getting "addicted" to activity. Our bodies crave it! Good for you!