Saturday, May 13, 2006

connection

i left baltimore around 7:30 this evening and drove to richmond through periods of rain and traffic. the whole way down, i was on complete autopilot as i cruised down i-95. at one point, my mom called to ask me where i was, and i had to confess: i didn't even know. i knew only how many minutes had passed since i had left home, and that, in fact, was only because i had the clock in front of me. the hour i had spent in the car had flown by in what seemed like a matter of minutes.

the reason for all of this, really, is that i was having a conversation with someone who gets me. this person is someone i've known for a short time, but feel like has been in my life for years. i can't really explain how that feels - to be understood like that. it is, in short, delightful. and it made a 3-hour drive seem short. so short that i actually drove slowly around my parents' neighborhood for 5 extra minutes just so that i didn't have to say good-bye quite yet....

so, to you, and you know who you are: i am so grateful to have you in my life. thank you for sharing yourself so truthfully with me. i cannot wait to see what's next.

:)

No comments: